Monday, March 19, 2012

Happy Hour: Common Roots

Went to Happy Hour this evening at Common Roots Cafe, a great place to get a locally brewed beer and some great, fresh appetizers and entrees with food supplied from local farmers.

Today I got a new beer called Camo from Lucid Brewing, a place that I was told was a new brewer based in Minnetonka. I actually first tried this a couple days ago, but came back again for more because I thought it was fantastic.

Here's the description from their website:
Description: Our version of Imperial Pale Ale is as drinkable as beers with half its alcohol prowess.  Be careful because at 9% alcohol, this beer will sneak up on you fast!

Lucid CAMO use a combination of the citrus, floral, and pine characteristic from Cascade, Amarillo, Summit, and Centennial hops give this beer a floral hop nose and significant hop flavor. We kept this one as pale as possible and let the hops carry the weight without losing balance. This beer finishes dry and clean creating a refreshing, and very drinkable beer.

Food Pairings:  The intense citrus hop flavor goes great with smoked meats, and spicy dishes.  Pair with a strong blue and cheddar cheeses for appetizers or desserts.
Anyway, I don't know about all that. I just thought it was a really good beer that was crisp with just the right amount of bitterness. Also, it definitely has a high alcohol content because I just had a couple before I felt... happy, if you know what I'm saying. These things will get you drunk.

I paired my beer with their Soft Pretzels, that came as advertised. They were soft, hot, and served alongside a cup of some kind of cheese sauce. They weren't huge, but of a pretty good size and came in a pair.

No comments: