Saturday, May 5, 2012

Pizza Luce's: Italian Sausage Parmigiana Hoagie


For lunch today I went to the Pizza Luce in Seward and got the Italian Sausage Parmigiana Hoagie. This was a darn good sandwich, and I don't have much to say beyond that. A good sandwich is a good sandwich, and a good hoagie is even more so.

Here's the description from their menu:
Italian Sausage Parmigiana: You’d think we flew this one in straight from the old country! Our sausage patty topped with our classic red sauce and topped with onions, tomatoes, melted mozzarella, parmesan and provolone cheeses.
That about sums it up. It was basically a pizza on a roll, and that's about as good as life gets, except for maybe a pizza on a pizza. I asked the waitress which of the hot hoagies was the best, and she said she prefers the chicken because it's not as spicy as the sausage, so I got the sausage. It wasn't too spicy, but just spicy enough to bring out the flavor of the meat. I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss french fries, but potato chips are better than nothing.

Also, the Seward Luce is probably the best location in the cities, since it's the brightest, has the nicest layout, and the best and most friendly wait staff. 

Anyway, good sandwich, and one I'll definitely get again, on the rare occasion when I'm at Luce and don't want pizza.

No comments: